Please take a moment to like and subscribe ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
Click for detail Recipe - http://www.madhurasrecipe.com/regional-
Visit Facebook page - https://business.facebook.com/madhurasrecipe
For Business inquiries please email us on [email protected]
Madhurasrecipe facebook group link -
Making botve, nakhulya, maltya, gavhale fenule is a Maharashtrian tradition. In older days these were made for any auspicious occasion like marriage, thread ceremony. Let’s revise our age old tradition and preserve it for our next generations. Do try these at home and drop a comment for me. You also can like, share and subscribe.
• 1/2 cup very fine Rava / Suji
• A pinch of Salt
• 2~3 tbsp Milk
• Take rava into a bowl and add salt.
• Mix well and add a little water at a time and make a little thick
• The dough should neither be too thick nor too thin.
• Cover and rest it for at least 2 hours.
• Take the dough and break it into pieces.
• Transfer it into a blender jar and pulse it.
• Do not blend continuously. Give a pulse and stop.
• You can pound it in mortar and pestle.
• You also can use food processor for it.
• Take the dough out into a dish and knead it once more to make
nice and even.
• Keep the dough covered always or it will dry out.
To Make Botve:
• Take a very little dough, even less that a pinch.
• Roll it in between thumb and forefinger to give it a oval shape like
To Make nakhulya:
• Take very little dough, even less than a pinch.
• Roll it between thumb and forefinger to make round ball.
• Press the ball with the nail of the thumb at the center to make
To Make Maltya:
• Take a small ball of dough and roll it in your palms to make a roll.
• Give the roll twist from one end and continue in the same
• Do not change the direction.
• Give it a twist like spiral pasta.
To Make Gavhale:
• Take minimum dough, even less than a pinch and roll it between
the thumb and forefinger to give oval shape.
• Then roll the edges to make them a little thin.
• In short give it shape of wheat.
To Make Fenulya:
• Take a very small ball of dough, even less than a pinch and roll it
in the thumb and forefinger to make nice even round ball.
• Press it on the teeth of comb or ’fani’.
• Remove it carefully from the reverse side.
• It gets nice marking of the teeth.
• Do not take comb that you are using.
• Buy a fresh comb or ‘fani’ from market and use.
• You can dry these all in shadow.
• No need to dry them under sun. It takes just a day to dry.
• You can store it in air tight container when these dry completely.
Subscribe to my other channels
For More Such Recipes
मटार भात | Matar Bhat | Matar Rice by madhurasRecipe
बाजरीची भाकरी | Bajarichi Bhakri | Pearl Millet Bhakari | madhurasrecipe
ताट कसे वाढावे | How to serve the Meal? Full authentic Maharashtrian Menu | madhurasRecipe
मसाले भात | Masale Bhat | Masala Rice by madhurasRecipe
पंचामृत | How to make Panchamrut | Panchamrut (Sweet & Sour) | MadhurasRecipe
लग्नाच्या पंगतीतलं अळूचं फदफदं | Aloo Cha Fatfata | अळूचं फतफतं | मराठमोळा पदार्थ | Ep - 276
खमंग कोथिंबीर वडी | How to make Kothimbir Vadi | Crispy Coriander Fritters | MadhurasRecipe
मेतकूट | How to make Metkut | METKUT MARATHI RECIPE | AUTHENTIC MAHARASHTRIAN FOOD RECIPE
गोडा मसाला | काळा मसाला | Goda Masala by MadhurasRecipe | Maharashtrian Kala Masala
कांदा लसूण मसाला | How to make Kanda Lasun Masala | MadhurasRecipe Marathi