Please take a moment to like and subscribe ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
Click for detail Recipe - http://www.madhurasrecipe.com/regional-
Visit Facebook page - https://business.facebook.com/madhurasrecipe
For Business inquiries please email us on [email protected]
Madhurasrecipe facebook group link -
Bhopalyache gharage is a traditional Maharashrian recipe. This can be made with minimum ingredients available at home. These have a good shelf life and are very healthy. Do try this recipe at home and drop a comment for me. You also can like, share and subscribe.
• 2 cups store bought Wheat flour
• 3/4 cup Gudh / Jaggery
• 1 cup grated Pumpkin
• 2 tsp Rice flour
• 1/4 tsp Nut meg powder
• 1/2 tsp Sauf / Fennel seeds (Optional)
• A pinch of Salt
• 1 tsp Ghee
• Oil for frying
• Peel and grate the pumpkin and keep it aside.
• Heat up pan on medium heat and add ghee.
• Add grated pumpkin and fry for about 2 minutes in ghee.
• Add gudh, a pinch of salt and mix well. You can use grated gudh
• Cook the mixture for about 5-7 minutes.
• When pumpkin is nicely cooked and mashed well with gudh then
turn off the gas and let the mixture cool down.
• When the mixture cools down blend it into puree in a blender jar.
• You can skip blending if you don’t want.
• In a dish take wheat flour and add rice flour, fennel seeds and nut
meg powder. Mix well.
• Adding fennel seeds is optional. You can skip it if you don’t want.
• Add pumpkin puree and knead the dough.
• Do not add any water while kneading the dough.
• Cover and rest the dough for about 15-20 minutes.
• Take the dough again and knead it to make even.
• If you feel the dough is too thick or dry then you can pound it,
blend in mixer or in food processor.
• Take small ball of dough and roll puri from it. You can decide the
• Do not use any dry flour while rolling puri. You can use a little oil if
• Heat up oil.
• When oil is enough reduce the heat to low to medium.
• Drop puri in hot oil and press it a little.
• When puri gets golden color flip over and fry from other side as
• When puri gets nice golden color from both sides take it out into
• Bhopala gharage are already.
• These have good shelf life of about 7-8 days at room
temperature. So these can be a good travelling snack.
• You can roll the dough like dashami if you don’t want to fry.
• This can be a good option for kids’ lunch box too.
• While making any puri, try to use store bought wheat flour. This
makes puri nice and crispy. Puris puff up really good and do not
absorb much oil.
• Rice flour makes puris nice and crispy.
• Never use store bought nut meg powder as it loses its flavor on
storing. Instead grated the nut meg in any sweet you want.
• If you are staying out of India then you can use pumpkin puree.
Add it gudh in puree and microwave it to melt.
• If you use dry flour while rolling then it spreads in oil while frying
and the it may burn at the base of the oil.
•If you want your gharage to be like puri then don’t add rice flour.
But then the gharage will be a little soft.
Subscribe to my other channels
For more Such Recipes
खमंग लाल भोपळ्याची भाजी | Lal Bhoplyachi Bhaji | Spicy Pumpkin Sabzi | MadhurasRecipe | Ep - 337
लाल भोपळ्याचा हलवा | Lal Bhoplyacha Halwa | Navratra Sweet Recipe | MadhurasRecipe
तिखट पुरी | Tikhat Puri by madhurasrecipe | Crispy Tea Time Snack | Masala Puri
गुळ पापडी | Gul Papdi | Gudh Papadi recipe by madhurasRecipe
खुसखुशीत खव्याची पोळी | Khawyachi Poli | Khava Poli | Khoya Paratha | MadhurasRecipe | Ep - 273
दशमीची पोळी | Dashmi Roti Recipe | Sweet Roti | madhurasRecipe | Meetha Paratha
गुळ पोळी | How to make Tilachi Poli | Tilgul Poli | Gulachi Poli | madhurasrecipe
पुरी | How to make Puffy and Soft Poori by madhurasrecipe
पालक पुरी | How To Make Palak Puri | Palak Puri Recipe Video | Spinach Puri Recipe | MadhurasRecipe
गाजराचा हलवा | Gajar ka Halwa | Carrot Halwa by madhurasRecipe